Tuesday, January 6, 2009
IEP Binder
To keep all my son’s school information organized and handy, I put it in a larger binder with dividers for certain subjects. As your child progresses the binder could become too large so each year I make one so I will be ready for any situation that arises. I only put in the binder information that is relevant to the current IEP. The old stuff I put in a file cabinet in case I need it.
The binder is divided into the following subjects:
1. Medical- DX (diagnosis from doctor), reports from private therapists, doctors, etc.
2. Draft IEP- proposed accommodations & adjustments to IEP goals, lists of concerns, etc.
3. IEP- current (last year’s) IEP and any addendums (if applicable)
4. Tests & Evaluations- (any test that was conducted on my son with the results/summary and recommendations)
5. Communication- notes to teacher(s) & parent, E-mails, etc.
6. Report Card/Progress Reports
7. Samples of Student Work
8. Data- collection sheets and your progress monitoring notes
9. Behavior- copy of school’s code of conduct, classroom rules, behavior intervention plan, disciplinary notices, etc.
10. Laws- copies of IDEA, FAPE, Prior Written Notice, Parent IEP Attachment, wrightslaw.com- Individualized Education Program (A checklist of what should be in an IEP), etc.
When you go to the IEP you have everything that you need and can find it easily. Yes, I get funny looks from the IEP Team, but they know I mean business. LOL!
Labels:
IEP,
IEP Binder
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment